Dispute resolution and litigation
Hard-hitting litigation team
If a dispute can be resolved outside the courts, we will first seek such a solution. In the opposite case, we can provide assistance with the conduct of litigations and arbitrations, with a team comprising litigation, arbitration and sectoral specialists within all areas of commercial law. This ensures that each litigation benefits from both litigation/arbitration expertise and expertise within the legal discipline and industry to which the dispute relates.
The lawyers in our contentious practice group conduct a large number of proceedings before the Supreme Court, the Courts of Appeal and the District Courts, as well as arbitral tribunals. The group includes lawyers with backgrounds ranging from many years as a serving judge to acting as counsel before the EFTA Court. A number of our lawyers also have experience from international litigations conducted in cooperation with lawyers in other jurisdictions. Several of our lawyers have also served as arbitrators in Norwegian and international arbitral proceedings.
Seven of our lawyers are admitted to the Norwegian Supreme Court.
We achieve top rankings:
“Advokatfirmaet Grette’s ‘excellent’ practice is experienced in construction, real estate, IP and employment disputes. Representative clients include Orkla, Helm and National Oilwell Varco. Amund Brede Svendsen leads the team, which also includes ‘master negotiator’ Christopher Hansteen, and IP expert Felix Reimers.”
Selected referral cases
- Litigation: Federation of Norwegian Professional Associations/Norwegian Medical Association
- Litigation: Norwegian Public Roads Administration – County road 456 Kolsdalen
- Litigation for a fish health company: Invalidity of SPC for a biopharmaceutical
- “Potetgull” has entered the Norwegian language as a generic term for potato crisps
- Olav Thon Eiendomsselskap – dispute concerning final settlement for Sørlandssenteret